Monday, March 3, 2008

Pixie Stixs Forever


The Pixie Stixs are back once again, minus a few. I'm sure the crowd full of old East High Alumns wondered if we ever stop singing and creating our own lyrics! We use to sing everywhere: weddings, rest homes, church meetings, etc. Rest homes were the funniest because I could never keep from laughing in the middle of our performance due to the comments from the delirious elderly. Once I started, everyone else was gone. There was one time we were all laughing so hard, several of us peed our pants. We were notorious for singing in the lines at grocery stores while we waited our turn, amusement parks, and the streets of Vegas. You name it, and we were singing. There was one point on our Senior A'cappella tour to California that our conductor had to tell us to shut up because we had been singing for 6 hours straight. I think back and I am sure we were so annoying. We did have fun though and still do! When we get together even today, we sing. Back in the day I named our group the Pixie stixs as a joke, but it stuck. As annoying as we may be, music is our passion, and we love being together. We were talking the other day and figured out we all loved the movie "Music and Lyrics" which according to popularity was a disaster for Hollywood. I guess we are all crazy!

No comments: