Sunday, March 9, 2008

Over Kill



This weekend I spent in Moab, enjoying the scenery, but mainly to run in half marathon. Talk about over kill on your body. Although my muscles did start to spasm some, the most painful injury I received was on my lower back from the tag in my shorts. I can safely say that I am not running a full marathon anytime soon! When we got to the expo to pick up our t-shirts and bibs, they had all sorts of energy bars and Gu for us to sample. Then in our bags, they sent us home with an array of energy bars. Not to mention I had brought some from home, and grabbed some cookie dough energy thing at one of the gas stations on the way. Needless to say, I do not want to see another energy bar for a long time. I also am not anxious to be in the car with my sister and bro-inlaw for a while. Their selection of music about did me in. It was a torturous ride there. At least on the ride home they were limited to sunday music, and yes that selection was better if you can imagine. Also on our car ride there, I have never had to stop so many times to use the bathroom at rest stops. Apparently too much gatorade can do that to you. I probably wasn't really hydrating myself after all! After the race, they gave us this lotion in our bags that was like Icy Hot for muscle aches. I coated myself in this. The smell just permeated the hotel room and my clothes still wreak of it. It feels awesome though. So I finally made it home and felt that I deserved a nice hot bath to relax my muscles. Apparently I put to much bath and body works body gel in the water. What can I say but an overkill weekend!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, you might have used a little too much bubble bath but the pics are funny-and it sounds like you're the go-to girl to tell me what kind of energy bars to use :o). I'm glad you survived the run-Hobble Creek here we come!!!

Johnny Metropolis said...

Jane, there are too many suds in your pictures, I can't see anything but suds...

Is that the point?

Laura Lee said...

I thought you said you felt fine?

I wish I had a bath tub.

Janey said...

Well Laura, fine is a relative term. I felt relatively good for just running a half, but a sorer then I would had I just sat around all day.