Thursday, March 6, 2008

Daddy's Girl


Dear Family,
I am sorry to say that I think I am at the top of dad's list! My regrets Betsy and Libbie, but I am the favorite daughter. You both have lost points in his book. Bets I think he hasn't forgiven you for crashing his brown Saab back in high-school, oh and his gray Saab a week later. Not to mention the fact that you got caught throwing spaghetti off the overpass at cars. Lib you know you lost points when you didn't show up to the family party over christmas. Plus you always tried to get out of picking up smashed apricots off the Yale lawn, and then happily left me to mow it too. I think he liked my mowing better anyway because my lines were straighter. I have pretty much been a perfect child! Just think about it, both of you had curfews and I could come in whenever I wanted. Well now the fact that I have a perfect score, I get an automatic ticket to every one of his Jazz Games, a valentine on my doorstep this year, and he even said he'd be my business partner if I needed one. You both know that those are huge! And I can say whatever I want about you, because I know you won't read this! Love-Jane

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is Hi-Larious! I love it! You work your daddy's girl magic :o)

Laura Lee said...

I think I'm the favorite daughter too, but that's what makes a perfect dad, he knows how to make each child feel like you're his favorite!

Your dogs were very good when I fed them their dinner by the way. I think I lulled them to sleep while I played Enya on the piano. But then as soon as I got up to leave they followed me out the door. I wish I had more time to hang out with them, but I had to go -- cute puppies.

Link me:
www.landoflauralot.blogspot.com

Jodi said...

does your family not read your blog either? i've reminded my family and matthew 10 times that we have a blog if they want to see the latest photos of the kids...do you think they look? isn't it great to be daddy's favorite? make sure it stays that way! i went for a run/walk today around the neighbor hood. does Betsy's house have a bright red door? btw, congrats on running the 1/2 marathon and good job for keeping the pixie stix alive - i'm so glad you got a photo.

Janey said...

I'm bumbed you aren't in it!