Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Little Linus





If ever there was a boy that took after Linus, it's Seth. His blanket and thumb are his best friend. The only difference is that Seth does not have to have a blue blanket. Any blanket that is really soft, will do. When he cries, you give him a soft blanket, he throws his thumb into his mouth, and he is happy. Its a security thing. I love to watch him because I realize that sometimes I would like to lay my head in a blanket and suck my thumb. Like recently after I gave 10X the amount of Narcan to my patient with his mom at the bedside and made him go ballistic. Or the time that I had to put a urinary catheter into a good looking male my age who just sat and watched. And especially during the awkward moments I've had out in the dating field . Where is the thumb! I find I do different things in public when I'm stressed, like pull at my nose or rub my eyes. It's all the same thing though. I just got too cool to suck my thumb and cuddle with my blanket in the presence of people. That doesn't mean I don't do it when I'm alone! I really do relate to Linus.

4 comments:

Laura Lee said...

I dare you to bring a blanket wherever you go.

Remember the mullet couple who brought a blanket to sacrament meeting and fed each other fruit snacks?

Janey said...

Oh my gosh, YES! Thats great

Johnny Metropolis said...

Good post... I had to pull my thumb out of my mouth to type this comment.

Mrs. Bennett said...

Love your blog! I haven't talked to you forever! Miss you girl.
(This is Michelle McKinnon)