Monday, February 11, 2008

Hip Hop


So me and my friend Jodi have decided to take a Hip Hop class together. It is great because, though we use to be basically one person, I don't see her much anymore because she's married and has two kids, which is of course what I would want for her. The point is that we use to go dancing all the time. We were regulars at the Sigma Chi house. They knew that when Jane and Jodi enter the house we were headed straight to the black and white checkered floor down stairs. We spent many nights at the Bay, Club DV8, Liquid Joes, and any other concert or party we knew about. Someone once told us they would hate to see us drunk if this is what we were like sober. We were not afraid of making fools of ourselves. I can't say I was always the life of the party, but my friends definitely were and I tagged along. Sometimes I miss those days of being crazy and letting loose. So taking this Hip Hop class is a great way to keep the energy alive in my life. It is not fun and games though. It is tough stuff. Even though I may exercise regularly, hip hop kicks your butt! I have never felt so out of shape in my life. You move your body in positions I don't think it's ever been before. I tweaked my back this week. It's dangerous stuff. I look like an idiot learning it, but once you get it down, you don't want to stop. I have to admit, if you come by my house, you may see me in the kitchen practicing my moves. Lets just say I can't wait to go dancing again. Me and Jodi are going to bring the house down!!!

2 comments:

The Happy Lees said...

janey,
i loved reading about the old days! it brought back so many memories - do you think that black chckerboard floor is still at the sig chi house? no wonder i was in better shape then, with all our dancing! you've motivated me to continue with the hip hop, even though i look and feel like an idiot. its the funnest way to exercise for sure!

Stacie said...

Hey Jane! Hows it going? I love it that you and Jod are taking hip-hop. When I move down I really want to take it with you. That sounds like so much fun. I miss you.