Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Saturday Night Live or Reality?


Recently at work as I sat in the lounge, 2 am, I was entertained by none other then Nancy Grace. Sadly enough there was nothing funny about her breaking news story, yet everyone there was laughing. Why? Can you say dramatic. Now I have known her to be a little weird, but she's crazy! She sat and told us about a brand new baby that had been put into a dumpster and found alive. What could have been explained in a short 2 mins took over an hour. She went into great detail about how the baby was actually found and of course interviewed the guy who saved the baby! Wesley Focker, no joke. Wesley sat and talked about how when he heard the baby crying when he was about to dump his grass into the dumpster from his lawn mower. He yelled for the neighbors to come out of their house an listen to get a second opinion on the sound. Heaven forbid just look into the dumpster yourself. Then Nancy continued to emphasize the fact that the baby had not just been placed in the garbage can but systematically left in a design of sticks and vegetation. Ironically this was the first thing Focker noticed when he looked into the garbage, how organized the trash was! Yeah right. Focker kept saying how the baby probably survived because of the heat given off from the decompensation of the vegetation. Two words I'm sure he had never heard of until the News brodcast. Oh but the drama of having the baby still attached to the placenta and how that was going to effect the baby's life forever. Nancy was just sure, though the baby was listed in "good" condition at the hospital, it would die from the cord not being cut. And through this whole tradgedy and miraculous rescue, the only thing that Nancy could compare it to was the miracle of the birth of her twins. She intermitently posted pictures of her with her twins. Unreal. I was sure I was watching Saturday Night Live!

7 comments:

Steph said...

Nancy Grace is what is wrong with America.

Unknown said...

So I know that I was there with you watching this broadcast and so this wasn't anything new to me-and yet I'm still laughing outloud just remembering Focker and his decomposing vegetation and the arranged sticks. I mean seriously-that was the funniest thing ever. I can't ever watch Nancy Grace except at work by the way, I think it's because it's more tolerable when it's 2am and we're tired and nobody wants to get up and change the channel.

SRA said...

I agree with the other Steph.

Jenna said...

Oh my gosh I freakin' love Nancy Grace and all her crazyness.
Also - I need to add you to my blog. What is your email?

Janey said...

janeggardiner.yahoo.com

Johnny Metropolis said...

Whoa, hey Nancy has to earn a living like everyone else... she got you to watch the whole show didn't see? Cut the girl a break.

Jen and Russ said...

Jane

It's Jenni Bjorklund. I stumbled on your blog, how are you? I saw your email on a comment so I will email you. -Jen