Thursday, June 5, 2008

Human Balloons

So here is the before and after work shot of my lovely legs! Apparently I spend most of the time on my feet. If it's Saturday night, I get so excited to try and fit into my Sunday shoes in the morning. Fellow church mates-You might notice my feet loping over the sides of my shoes if you look closely, but don't. I'm self conscious about it. Interestingly enough I learned that it is possible to get so edematous, that if you poked a hole in your skin, you would actually burst like a balloon. Trust me, I saw one of my patients do this. The infant lost over 200 grams in one night. It was "the incredible shrinking baby!" Maybe that's what I will do before church sunday mornings- a few pins should work!

BEFORE


AFTER

9 comments:

missandyd said...

Really?? Your leg would pop? That is weird...I love your nurse stories. My cousin Alisa used to work at Primary with the icu babies, but I think she changed floors or something. That would be funny if you knew her. It is fun to see what your up to. :)

Johnny Metropolis said...

Just cause you work in the infant department doesn't mean you should wear infants socks... then they wouldn't be so tight silly.

Janey said...

yeah but they keep me from getting clots

Steph said...

My ankles swelled up once on a flight to Paris. Something to do with changing air pressure. Anyway, there was a scary period after the flight where I thought the swelling would never go away. I was freaking out thinking I might have to have cankles for the rest of my life because of one stupid flight. Luckily, the swelling went downa and I stopped freaking out.

Unknown said...

That is great Jane, I think you need to do a human balloons part II when you take a pic before the first of 3 shifts, and then one after. That would be great.

Orme Family said...

Are you back from New York? So who were the THREE guys you were working in the Big Apple??!! Were you guys sharing the same room/bed? Jane, should I be worried? j/k

Orme Family said...

What about the half marathon??? When I get to town lets do that same run we did last year up City Creek. Remember how Sadie pretty much refused to keep running?

suzi said...

That is so funny! I bet it's so comfortable too! haha. Speaking of feet, Jane who is your friend with the foot connections... ya know, the one we were emailing about that went and had her feet "read" and learned all that stuff about herself? Do you remember? Tom and I totally want to go do that!

Maria said...

Sadly, I know exactly what you are going through with the Sunday shoes thing. My feet are always swollen. I thought my feel would get used to walking miles a day after a couple months- but no such luck.