Saturday, July 12, 2008

baby baby baby oh baby

As I sit next to an open warmer tonight next to a sleeping baby, my mind is thinking about what I have to accomplish tommarrow morning. I am helping to throw a friend a baby shower which I have started to become an expert at. First its the wedding showers, then the baby showers, then I guess the over the hill showers, and then your throwing your own children their wedding showers and the cycle starts again. I have moved past the wedding phase of my life other then the fact that I am not married. Im starting to think I should bypass the wedding all together and jump ahead with my friends to the baby phase. I have stayed up enough with screaming babies to handle things myself, right!?! Oh but wait, I can't give them the good stuff at home. What will I do without my ativan, morphine, fentanyl, or versed? I'm going to be one of those mothers that uses tylenol and benedryl for irritability. So I am making lettuce wraps for the shower tomarrow. I got the great idea from the best wraps I've ever had at the cheesecake factory. I even went and bought their sauces. They should be awesome and the presentation will be amazing, with the green bib lettuce, orange carrots in red cabbage. Green, orange, and purple are great colors together. Oh and I have red peppers- fabulous! I also made a take home gift for everyone. Homemade fudge balls dipped in blue and white chocolate boxed up with an initialized tag. Yes it has been a lot of work, and yes everyone around me thinks I'm crazy, but honestly I enjoy it. I do it because it's fun- I could go buy gifts for eveyone or have the party catered for the same expense, but then creativity goes out the window. That is one of my passions. My sister reminded me of the last baby shower we did that was even more over the top. We not only did fudge balls, but miniture baby soaps for take home gift. Oh and we hand made individualized chicken pot pies that had criss cross crusted tops- oh and we did a rose ball that we hung from the table, plus my sister designed the invitations, and tags for the take home gifts- so I can be over the top and a perfectionist if you didn't know that about me. The hardest part about getting the lettuce wraps prepared tomarrow will be that I have worked all night. Oh well, I will crash and burn after the shower. Oh but wait I have a birthday party to go to. One of the babies I took care of a year ago is having a first birthday party. He was naughty too. He tried to die several times. Finally proof that what I do at my job pays off. Baby, baby, baby, oh baby!

5 comments:

Johnny Metropolis said...

This entry reminds me how happy I am to be a dude!

Unknown said...

Jane you really are super woman! by the way-the shower thing reminds me of the Sex and the City with the shoe-if you haven't seen it I have it recorded-it is PERFECT for us single peoples :o)

Jodi said...

wow, i am more sorry than ever that I missed that shower! the food and party favors looked fabulous! you've outdone yourself, as always. you should become an official party-giver.

suzi said...

So can I hire you professionally to throw a party for me? I can't believe how fun all of your ideas are!!! Glad we're friends Jane, I love reading your blog!

Holly said...

I haven't been on your blog forever, but that was the most amazing shower. My sister still talks about the fudge balls. You are the best!!!! Lots of Love, Tay, Holly and Hendrix!!!! Thanks for all of your hard work you are amazing!!!