Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Mayan Adventure

Saturday night I had the opportunity to go to the Mayan to watch a friend dive. I heard the food wasn't that great, so I wasn't expecting a lot. I thought it would be fun to mostly watch the diving, because how awesome is that? A diving show while you eat dinner? Apparently it's so awesome that we had to wait an hour for our table. But not awesome enough that they fill all the tables in the restaurant. Seriously, when we were shown to our table there were about four other tables in our area without a dinner party. So when our waiter left, we got up and moved to a spot with a better view of the divers.
Do you want to:
a) see the divers dive scroll down
b) talk to the Mayan priestess click here
c) eat the fish tacos click here

So the diving wasn't what I was expecting!







No but really...


Do you want to:

a) meet an honest to goodness diver scroll down
b) meet a stone lion click here
c) meet a parrot click here

Yeah so I don't want to brag but I do think I could show their divers some moves. I wanted to show off my abilities but I didn't want to embarrass anyone, plus I had a skirt on and I don't think it was as stable as the loin clothes everyone else had on! But here is a picture of me diving in highschool for the Leopards

Man that Mayan water looked tempting!

So I decided to pose with one of the true Mayan divers just so I could get some of that skin to skin action- He did have nice muscles!


Needless to say it was an adventure!

2 comments:

Johnny Metropolis said...

The Mayan sucks. I always feel like I am on an amusement park ride. A really lame one, where you're bored the whole time because the cart doesn't move around anywhere.

Steph said...

I love love the pictures of the girl diving in the bathtub. Hilarious!!! I think you should definitely try to get a job as a diver at the Mayan, you'd be great.